Selected Recent Buy-Side Engagements
- Represented Owner Resource Group, LLC in acquisition of Richardson Molding Incorporated, a leading manufacturer of proprietary and custom injection molded products headquartered in Columbus, Indiana. Transaction included new senior financing from Cadence Bank.
- Represented Blue Sage Capital in acquisition of Broken Arrow Communications, Inc., a provider of services for the installation, modification, construction and maintenance of wireless communication facilities and related infrastructure. The target is headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with thirteen locations across the western United States.
- Represented Blue Sage Capital in acquisition of Magnum Systems, Inc. Headquartered in Kansas City, with an additional manufacturing facility in Parsons, Kansas, Magnum – through its Taylor Products and Smoot brands – is a leading designer and manufacturer of packaging and material handling products.
- Represented Porthcawl Holdings, LLC in acquisition of JungleDisk (a provider of data back-up services headquartered in San Antonio, Texas) from Rackspace US, Inc. (NYSE: RAX). Transaction included equity raise from co-investor group and new senior and revolving credit facilities with Bank SNB.
- Represented Owner Resource Group, LLC in acquisition of GC Services Limited Partnership (an accounts receivable management and business process outsourcing firm headquartered in Houston, Texas). Transaction included equity raise from co-investor group, new term loan facility with Highbridge Capital and new revolving credit facility with Texas Capital Bank.
- Represented Greenridge Investment Partners in acquisition of Consolidated Asset Recovery Systems, Inc. (CARS) (a provider of repossession and remarketing software and services headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina). Transaction included new senior debt financing with Cadence Bank and subordinated debt financing with C3 Capital.
- Represented Enteq Upstream plc (LSE: NTQ) in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of M&R Industries, Ltd. and Pro-Flow Fabrication Technologies, Ltd. (E&P tool manufacturers and distributors headquartered in Houston, Texas).
- Represented Owner Resource Group, LLC in acquisition of substantially all of the assets of KMCO, LP, KMTEX, LP, and DOT Chemicals, Inc., a privately held chemical manufacturing and distribution business located in Crosby, Texas and Port Arthur, Texas. Transaction included equity raise from co-investor group, new senior and revolving credit facilities with GE Capital and new mezzanine credit facility with PNC Erieview.
- Represented Enteq Upstream plc (LSE: NTQ) in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of XXT Incorporated (an E&P technology firm headquartered in Santa Clara, California).
Selected Recent Sell-Side Engagements
- Represented Offers.com, LLC in sale to Ziff Davis, LLC, a division of j2 Global (NASDAQ: JCOM). The target operated coupon code and product deals websites from its headquarters in Austin, Texas.
- Represented Parker School Uniforms, LLC in sale to investment group led by Argosy Investment Partners, Plexus Capital and Salem Investment Partners. Houston-based Parker is the leading provider of school uniforms to private and charter schools across the Sunbelt region of the United States and was previously a portfolio company of Blue Sage Capital. During Blue Sage Capital’s ownership, Graves Dougherty advised Parker on four separate add-on acquisitions.
- Represented founders of video game studio in spin-out/re-acquisition of studio from leading game platform company.
- Represented a CRM software provider in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a strategic buyer.
- Represented Mr. Gatti’s, LP in sale to Sovrano, LLC. Founded in 1964, Mr. Gatti’s is a Texas-based owner, operator and franchisor of retail pizza restaurants across the United States. Mr. Gatti’s was previously a portfolio company of Blue Sage Capital.
- Represented Gila LLC in sale to Navient Inc. (NASDAQ: NAVI). The target provides asset recovery and business process outsourcing services focused on the state and local government market from its headquarters in Austin, Texas, and was previously a portfolio company of Owner Resource Group, LLC.
- Represented Global Parts Distributors, LLC (an auto parts manufacturer and distributor headquartered in Macon, Georgia and a portfolio company of Owner Resource Group, LLC and Selected Investments, Inc.) in sale to Omega Acquisition Corp. (a River Associates Investments platform headquartered in Dallas, Texas).
- Represented owners of The Money Store, L.P. in the sale of their outstanding partnership interests to Speedy Cash Holdings Corp. (a Friedman, Fleischer & Lowe portfolio company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas). The target operated 67 “Money Box” retail stores in Central and South Texas.
- Represented privately-held regional propane distributor/retailer in sale of business to publicly-traded propane company.
- Represented world’s largest independent manufacturer of industrial drill bits in leveraged buyout by U.S. private equity firm. Transaction involved the sale of substantially all of the assets of target’s U.S. and Mexico manufacturing and sales operations (with over 1,000 employees), as well as the sale of foreign subsidiaries in France, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Australia.
- Represented national healthcare media company in connection with its restructuring and divestiture of three separate business divisions.
- Represented regional propane company in the sale of its residential community propane/ pipeline business to an NYSE-listed propane company.
- Represented the holding company for three Texas beer/beverage distributorships in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a national consolidator of beer and wine distributorships.